Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-17-2010, 10:41 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so my other clownfish died yesterday while in the qt tank for the first night... the 2 gobies that are in there now are swimming around way better than they were but they are still refusing to eat... (i guess they could be eating while im not watching) but i tried soaking this mysis shrimp in garlic but that didn't seem to trigger any feeding... the tang's eating good and the cloudy eye seems to be getting better... so ne ideas on how to maybe get those gobies to eat?

stegm1sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:01 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Let them settle for a few days before attempting to feed again ...

Nanoreefing site
2 nanos
10 gallon ~6.5 gallon custom
Sadielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:51 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
I think you have added too many fish too soon in the first place,it was probably the extra stress of moving them to the qt caused the demise of the clown,just let them settle as sadielynn has said and try try not to act on impulse to quickly,if your in any doubt just pwc first.I personally would go towards no mechanical filtration and go with a sump with LS and as much LR as possible and as said a decent protein skimmer.
Old Chinese proverb:
Don't go to bed with ichy bum
wake up with smelly finger!!
David S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How long in QT tank?

well the two gobies in the QT tank are starting to eat now... not like they used to but i guess its still a good sign that they are eating. I did 2 treatments of copper (thats what guy from LFS said to do) but they didn't have ich.. but hey it might have worked, they are better now... (or it was the WC i did before i added them to QT tank).. who knows... neways i was just wondering how long are you suppossed to leave them in the QT tank? they have been in there 4 days now.

stegm1sc is offline   Reply With Quote

ick, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com