Fish coming out of qt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stlrockguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had my blue tang and yellow watchman goby in qt for 2 weeks so far. I did hypo treatment and its at 1.010ppm. How should I acclimate them when it's time. Should I keep them in qt and slowly raise the salinity to the same as my dt. Then acclimate them to my dt using the drip method. Thanks for the help

Yes...bring it up slow, just like you said. Then its just like bringing a fish home from the LFS...drip acclimate and get it into the DT.

Most LFS I have been to keep their salinity at 1.020. You can probably mimic this process by raising salinity slowly to 1.020 and then drip acclimate to your main aquarium just as if you bought new fish from a store that keeps salinity at 1.020. Good luck!

Ok thanks. All I want to do is keep stress down. So I'll wait until the last 2 weeks of the of the full month then do a few water changes over another 2 week period bringing the level up. That sounds like the least stressful approach. My blue tang has gotten fat and I wanna keep it fat. Lol. I was told fat fish are healthy fish

Back
Top Bottom