Fish died behind rocks, how do I remove?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luntiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had a cardinal that just died this afternoon, he was stuck between some rocks and when i went in to grab it by moving a rock, he floated off into the back of the tank. Do I try to remove him? I have a black bristle star, will that be able to handle it? The cardinal is about 1 inch and by the looks of the dead body, some of my shrimps got to him already. I have no intentions of removing my rocks to obtain him. I also blasted behind the tank with a powerhead and all that did was stir up the tank...now its cloudy as heck.

How big is the Star? The things that do my cleaning are my Hermits.. my Star is pretty worthless (but then, I spoil him..), and I have to feed him by hand.

How much cleaning do the Shrimp do?

The body of the star is about 1/2 dollar size. I have roughly 20 hermits and 10 snails (I know the snails won't clean them up). I have 3 shrimps, 2 Cleaners and 1 Peppermint.

The cardinal was missing both his eyes, fins and the gills were opened very wide. I think the shrimps and hermits did that.

Oh yea, I also have an Emerald crab if that helps.

My tank has roughly 90 lbs of LR that is stacked crazily so reaching in and feeling around would not be an option.

The body will likely be gone soon. Do keep an eye on your readings as a "just in case" measure.

You should be fine. The hermits will take care of the body in quick order.
Sorry for your loss. :(

Back
Top Bottom