Fish Dieing Need HELP!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well i was nearly screaming at my test kit a minute ago. if you dont know what im saying, it showed a fair amount of ammonia. .75. WHAT THE (insert choice word(s) here)!!!! just two weeks too late. needless to say ill be getting a new test kit asap.

then again maybe i didnt have any ammonia before and that is the result of the one clarkii that went missing.

have you checked for stray voltage yet?

i know when i lost half my FW tank to stray voltage my gouramis were gaping and swimming sideways.. god did i ever feel dumb when i figured that out... and found it out in a big way. ZAP

-Brad

Okay, one way is to unplug one thing at a time and look to see how your fish are doing. Be careful and don't stick your hand in the tank.
Like sadie said Holy Zap!!!

Borrow a volt meter or go buy one ... I did stick my hand in and let me say it is not worth that !
They only cost a few bucks when you are done return it to the store for your money back !
It does take two people to do that tho one to hold it in the tank and one to unplug stuff one by one .

wow, no wonder my voltmeter was on sale cheap! It said buy at your own rick...this meter has been returned 3x... ;), ;), ;)
TC

put in a tester paly frag a few days ago and it seems to be doing fine. not thriving by any means but ok. =/

UPDATE: well its been a while and if i counted correct, i am ok for fish on the 26th. so on that day or later im going to get a sixline to help out with my flatworm problem. later i will transfer my corals from my 28g nanocube into it when i am convinced that the flatworms are taken care of. i will then finally set up my frag tank(long term project). the nanocube will then be reserved for an anemone (carpet most likely) and some clowns (not sure what type). i know it'd be a little boring but hey, im busy and cant really keep all of my pets happy and i think that would be the best option. so hows it all sound?

Back
Top Bottom