Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Fish dying- six lined wrasse?

Hello. Around two weeks ago, I witnessed my six lined wrasse killing my mandarin goby. This was the only aggression I have wet seen from it, but since then small fin nips or marks on the skin of my ocellaris clowns have been common. Today I came home to te smaller of them dead, with its fins torn and flesh frayed. The only other fish than the wrasse that could do this is my kole tang, and it is never aggressive and lacks the teeth to cause such small wounds. I would expect something much more severe from its tail spike. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

feeshna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
Fish dying- six lined wrasse?

Six lines are pretty aggressive. I have one but he's never been murderous. You have to decide whether to keep the six line or banish it to be on the safe side, because from now on any semi-peaceful fish will be fair game. Kole tangs are herbivores so I doubt it got that naughty.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

lstimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:43 PM   #3
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion
What size tank are we talking here? Though 6 lines can be aggressive, cramped quarters easily heightens aggression and leads to stress and deaths.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

dyi, dying, fish, fish dying, line, six line, wrasse

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com