Fish dying- six lined wrasse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

feeshna

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. Around two weeks ago, I witnessed my six lined wrasse killing my mandarin goby. This was the only aggression I have wet seen from it, but since then small fin nips or marks on the skin of my ocellaris clowns have been common. Today I came home to te smaller of them dead, with its fins torn and flesh frayed. The only other fish than the wrasse that could do this is my kole tang, and it is never aggressive and lacks the teeth to cause such small wounds. I would expect something much more severe from its tail spike. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Feeshna

Six lines are pretty aggressive. I have one but he's never been murderous. You have to decide whether to keep the six line or banish it to be on the safe side, because from now on any semi-peaceful fish will be fair game. Kole tangs are herbivores so I doubt it got that naughty.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What size tank are we talking here? Though 6 lines can be aggressive, cramped quarters easily heightens aggression and leads to stress and deaths.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom