fish gettin eaten!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sorelegsam

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey everyone,

I am havin a disasterous issue with my tank. the other day when cleaning out my tank i realized my yello tang has dissapeared. I also noticed while siphoning out the debris on the bottom there was alot of almost fleshy stuff... so i assume that is my damn yello tang. So i fugure he got sick or somethin and the hermits got ahold of him. Then to my dismay i notice my flame angel isnt eating!!!!! Well could u bleieve it half his fins top and end are missing hes hurtin. I also have a banded coral shrimp who now has only 1 pincher... Is it him...is it my hermit crabs. i also have a regular hawaiian crab who only comes out at night...i believe all these animals hunt at night. I dont know what to do could someone pls help. i feed just about everynight either frozen shrimp or flakes and put lettuce out for the tang and seaweed for the hermits which i kinda slacked on the last week figuing they would grind the lettuce. anyone pls help

How are you water parameters? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, salinity, temps. The reason I ask is, unless the crab is huge, nothing really stands out as a culprit for taking out a healthy fish.

u know i think i found the culprit ...ich the yello tang i think was the first to contract it. and now its spread throught the tank and my maroon clown and dlue damsel has it the on ly form of treatment i know is possibly a freshwater bath. and then place theminto a bowl. Any suggestions

I would suggest setting up a hospital tank, placing your fish in there for treatment. You can then treat them using hypo or copper without hurting any life on your live rock. The main tank will need to be left fallow (fishless) for 6-8 weeks to be sure all the ich has died out.

Back
Top Bottom