Fish help!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cancun

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! I am hoping some seasoned aquarium veterans can help me out.....I have a 29 gallon biocube....got rid of the stock lights...have all LED lighting.....I have one small osc clownfish...1 coral beauty angle fish.....1 six line wrasse....1 bubble tip anenome. ...1 small tuxedo urchin....1 small choco chip star fish...1 brittle star fish....coral banded shrimp...and a few snails...my water is ph 8.0....nitrites 0...ammonia 0...nitrates 10ppm...salinity 0.124....had tank cycled and up and running for about 5 months....everything in there is doing great...my issue is every time I have tried to add a 4th fish....I wanted a second clownfish....he wouldn't make it....the other fish are fine...this happened 4 times and the new one woul only ladt a few days to two weeks tops....I always do the drip acclimation method for 60 min....the new fish would always be normal eatting and swimming...and then the next day would be dead...I am hopping someone can offer some insight...don't beat me up to bad....I am still learning...thanks!! 8)

if i were you, i would take out the coral beauty and see from there. coral beauty can be aggressive if in a confined space. plus, you're overstocking your tank already with that angelfish.

I agree with taking out the Coral Beauty. I feel they need at least a 75g to really thrive and not feel cramped for space. Maybe consider getting a smaller Pygmy Angel like a Cherub or Flameback and add the second clown. I think that might work better.

How is the 6 line with other fish? They can be nasty and territorial sometimes.

Thank you for responding...I have a lot to think about....my wrasse is great with the other fish... so is my coral beauty....all three fish get along great...the wrasse and the angel fish hang together. ...and sometimes my clown does too....but no agression between those three at least....and even when intr the 4th fish...no agression eaither....that is what is strange....I have even tried to rearrange the aquascape......

If your one clown has been established for a while it may be killing any you introduce. They can be pretty territorial. When you add the new clown are they the same size as the one you have?

Hi! We had both....one was smaller....two were bigger....and one was the same size....it's funny he so little and cute...LOL!!

Haha I bet he just looks like that on the outside. But on the inside he is a murdering maniac!

It could be the CB, but could also be the other clown. You don't see any aggression while you are watching the tank?

Hi! No that is the really strange part...I have seen no agression between my wrasse, angle, or my clownfish. ....they get along great.....the problem comes in when I try and add a 4th fish...which has alwsys been a clownfish......and the new fish....when I am watching anyway...was not harassed by the other fish....of course no telling what happens while I am at work or asleep....thsts why I am having a hard time figuring out what is going on....do you think for my 4th and final fish I should try a watchman goby or something like that instead...since trying to have two clowns is not working out? Thanks for everyone's help so far.....:)

Back
Top Bottom