FISH ICH AND DIES OFF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

len

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
HELLO PPL !!..... I KINNA HAVING MAJOR PROB ON ICH IT STARTED FROM MY BLUE TANG! MY 2 FEET TANK WAS DOING WELL UNITL THE INTRODUCTION OF MY NEW BLUE TANG.....AFTER 5DAYS THIS BABY CAUGHT WHITESPOTS AND DIES OFF AFTER A WEEK... NOW MY YELLOW TANG, CLOWN AND BLUE FACE GOT IT! AND DIED TOO... I USE (KICK-ICH) PRODUCT FOR FEW DAYS BUT WITH NO SUCCESS!! MY TEMP IS 28-30 DEGREES CELCIUS WHICH I DO NOT KNOW WHAT FARENHEIT IT IS? I HAVE 7FISH AND 6 INVERTBATES CHANGE 15% OF WATER A FEW TIMES BUT NOW STILL THE ICH FOR ATLEAST 2 WEEKS ALREADY... IM KINNA LOSE HOPE! PAL OUT THERE PLEASE ADVISED?? ILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

You say '2 foot tank'. How many gal or litres is this tank? 7 fish sounds like an awful lot of fish for a tank of that size. Tangs are known to be very sensitive to Ich. Did you quarinteen your new blue tang before adding it.

What are your water readings.

Ammonia ?
Nitriate ?
Nitrate ?
PH ?

water reading

thanks for the reply fishfreek........my tank 50liters, amonia is ok, nitrates is 0 nitrates is about 50mg/l and my ph level even after manydays of buffering it can never reach 8.3 but instead 7.7..??
please help>

thanks

You say ammonia is "OK" but you specify numerical values for the rest. IMO ammonia is only ok if it can not be detected. Thus can you detect ammonia and if so what is the acutal numerical value?

As far as the PH goes it could be due to a lack of oxygen in the tank. Do you have or can you get your alkinity tested. Alkinity and PH go hand in hand with eachother.

To check to see if its due to oxygen levels being to low take some tank water and put it in a jar. Put an airstone in this jar for a few hours and then check the PH in that jar. If the oxygen levels in the tank are keeping the PH low then the PH in the jar after a few hours with an airstone should be higher than the PH in your tank.

Alkalinity level

i have check my total akalinity(kh) value and it read 175ppm or 3.6meq/l does that seems to be ok?....and how to test amonia? today i changed 50-60% of water ....i have carbon, nitrate stones and ceramic in my canestor!

thank you

You check your ammonia with a test kit. Do you not have an ammonia kit? Maybe your local fish store could verify your tests for you?

what about my total akalinity

what about my total akalinity does it seems to read ok?..

AMONIA TEST

HI FISHFREEK I BOUGHT AN AMONIA TESTER KIT TODAY AND MY AMMONIA SAYS 0!

WHAT HAPPEN?

Back
Top Bottom