Fish keep dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barndtman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently swapped my 90 gal reef with my 125 gal predator tank and only lost 2 fish during the move. Now it's been a few weeks since he 125 was set up and all my corals are doing great and I have softies LPS and SPS but I have lost 6 fish which were added so idk if my tank killed the fish which there are 6 healthy fish still but idk if the fish were sick that I added or if my water parameters are off. Now my nitrates are kinda high at 10 ppm which the dead fish didn't help and my Po4 is at 0.70 ppm. But my sps corals I would think would be affected before my powder blue tang or my flame angel. Any advice is apriciated.

Moving tanks is always a gamble. It's so easy to stir up something nasty and do some serious damage.
What species of fish have you lost?
Were they showing any physical signs of sickness?
What time frame did you lose each?

Well the fish that died did have slight ick but it started to get better but I lost 3 fish the first week then 3 over the next 2 weeks but all of the fish that I already had are all fine so u think it is a combo of stress and slightly high nitrates? Im just not adding anything infill I get my levels down

I just found it odd that my sps frags are looking great usually they go first.

Back
Top Bottom