Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-01-2004, 08:23 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I've never had a shark, but have had excellent results with tri-sulpha (or tripple sulpha). It does play a bit with the bio-levels but if you had a bacterial suppliment or as you say do water changes that may be okay.

Again I had great success with this product and it's reef safe.

flanque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:59 PM   #12
steve-s

How will a sulpha based med intended as an antibiotic help with parasitic related issues other than to aid in secondary infection?

Cheers
Steve
Old 09-02-2004, 12:22 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm no chemist or biologist, but it worked exceptionally well. The product advertises itself as being a remedy for itch and velvet.

Took about a week (less really) to clear it up.
flanque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 02:01 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hi Steve,

Do you have any personal experience using Cupramine with a shark? Sharks don't get Cryptocaryon irritans. The best solution is to seperate the shark from the other fish that need treatment.

Cheers,
Terry B
Terry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:10 PM   #15
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry B
Do you have any personal experience using Cupramine with a shark? Sharks don't get Cryptocaryon irritans.
No I have not kept a shark and was under the impression sharks where quite resistant to Cryptocaryon but not invulnerable, I guess I stand corrected. The reason for suggesting the Cupramine was the animals where not able to be quarantined or seperated and the shark would be treated along with the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXFirefighter
A QT is out of the question. He's got too many fish he'd have to get the same size QT tank. He's holding fish for a guy whos tank exploded. A 230 gallon tank ! Exploded ! The 180 is maxed out...
Cheers
Steve

Tags
chi, rock, rocks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com