fish scratching on sand and occasionally rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonfisher33

Aquarium Advice Addict
so I was sitting and watching my fish tank tonight and noticed that the fish (one clownfish and the yellow corris wrasse) hitting (or scratching) themselves on the sand and occasionally rock. they don't do it all the time just every now and then. this is the first time i'm seeing them doing it. could this be ich? or fluke? or something else?

there's no visible signs of any illness and everyone ate well tonight.

I QT all of my fish and the only fish so far that I didn't QT all the way this time is the yellow corris. I still QT it for almost two weeks tho. the only reason why I put the wrasse into the DT early was because I overdosed the med in the QT tank and it looked wobbly two nights ago and I went ahead and acclimated it to the parameters of the DT tank. the med was Melafix and it was intended for my jawfish and randall goby that have physical scars.

I just did a water change today and the parameters are spot on.

I have some shrimps and corals and other inverts in the tank. so there's no way I can QT my entire livestock in the QT tank. Not to mention that I still have two fish in the QT tank right now.

Should I be worried?

Back
Top Bottom