Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-30-2004, 05:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to dinotrex
Fish stays on one side of the tank

I just got a Tang and 2 true percula clowns, they tend to stay on the left side of the tank. The left side has a 1200 maxijet powerhead and a heater, the right side has a protein skimmer. Does my equiptment have anything to do with them staying on the left side? Should I put another PH on the right side? I've been reading here and not sure I if I'm reading this right...... Alternate the powerheads??? meaning, IF i had two powerheads on each side of the tank, only one should be on at a time? never both at the same time?

Old 04-30-2004, 05:28 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

They might like the powerhead or the extra heat. Probably one at a time. Unless on a very low setting. BTW, are they feed on that side of the tank? They might be waiting for food.

Old 04-30-2004, 05:32 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to dinotrex
I put a little on both sides, but they still like the left side. The food on the right side just sinks to the bottom. Should I split the PH and the heater? If so, which should I move to the right side to go next to the hang on skimmer?
Old 04-30-2004, 05:37 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Try mixing it up. Start by moving the heater next to skimmer. don't move the skimmer or power head unless changing both to other's position.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com