fish sudden death ...help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

streetglo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Fish just suddenly died my angel fish died but I can t find it unless I move everything and stir tank up...then one other one died this morning ...then I noticed cloudy eyes on my cardinals. ...????

What are your parameters? What size tank? How long has it been set up and how long were those fish in there?

Cloudy eyes can sometimes just be from poor water conditions, but also is usually not fatal unless the conditions are poisoning the fish.

It's a 55 gal. Its been set up for 10 months and the fish have been in for 1 month have not checked my levels pretty sure they all good but will check again and let you know

I think that cloudy eyes can also be from internal parasites like worms. My blenny had cloudy eyes and was kinda lethargic once a while back. I treated the tank with 2 doses of prazipro and his eyes cleared up and he was back to normal.

The ammonia just changed to a light green which Makes it .25 ppm

They have been eating and it looks looked a clear cloud of film around them

Its hard to tell bit still swimming ...I separated my cardinal from the others don't know wat as wrong with it but it had like a cloudy mucus all around it...its gone now cur it still enter eat...when my brittle star fish died I got out as much as I could of him.....then couple days my angle fish died but I could not find him....I am just now finding bones And such....I noticed my Ph was 8.0 and I treated it to days straight and did not know what I was thinking when my Ph buffer plus said immediate and "time release "...now the water stay cloudy even after clearifyer.

Correction.......it still wont eat.....Ph 2 days straight

Back
Top Bottom