Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gena1985
I have a Ruby Cleaner Wrasse my pet shop said it does a better job then the normal cleaner wrasse personally I think the common Cleaner Wrasse is better....

The Blue tang doesn't let him clean him I think it's because the wrasse is a bigger then him....

My other tang That I had he only got ich once and I fixed him up with a wrasse I figure it's the natural way of fighting this pest and tangs are wild so it's in their nature to go looking for a cleaner of some sort to help out....

he did try to get the peppermint shrimp to help him but they just ran away from him....

but now the fish are in the hospital tank the shrimp are coming out more rather then hiding out and eating from the bottom of the tank if im not hand feeding them...

I Would love nothing more then to get a cleaner shrimp for my tank but I can't afford $200 at this point just yet for 1 shrimp ( Sucks being an aussie in this hobby)
Holy cats!!!! $200 for a cleaner shrimp??!!! They're like $25 bucks here!!!! Australia is completely surrounded by saltwater!! Why on earth is a common SW life form so ungodly expensive there??!! That makes no sense!! They are ripping you off! I gotta go there and open a LFS!!

Old 10-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

i think its because of where they come from and how easy it is to get them... also alot of our waters you cant get fish from cause they are protected funny thing is i live across the road from the beach but dont go swimming cause of huge fears of sharks.... where i live is one of the common breading grounds for great whites and you walk along the beach and see them in the waves lol so ill keep to fish tanks.... i have a diver friend that is going to catch me a moorish idol when i upgrade tanks again to the red sea 650 but need to save the dollars for it first and they arent cheap here either but it will be big enough for my tang lol.... id love to open a shop here cause my closest shop is an hour awau but ive made good friend with my lps and they order in anything i need

Old 10-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, I have a shark fear too. Whenever I go to the beach, don't go in more than thigh deep. I know, some can come up that shallow- don't remind me. Lol. I've heard that great whites kinda meet up there. That's gotta suck. And I heard its where people like to surf too. No way would I get in that water!!!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

So how they doing now?? Any updates?? Inprovment??
Old 10-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #15
Lt.
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'd was about to suggest a gradual salt treatment, but.... I just realized which sub forum I'mreading! (
Old 10-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Cleaner fish and shrimp are great but they won't stop ich. All the fish need to be treated in a hospital tank. If you treat the main tank it will kill any inverted now and in the future if you use a copper treatment. The copper will leach into the sand and rock
Old 10-13-2012, 12:49 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Sorry I Haven't replied for a couple of days between work and trying to keep the hospital tank stable its a full time job along with 3 kids....

My Blue Tang and Sleeping Goby were to far infected and died....

all other fish are responding to the treatment well.... I have the copper treatment sitting in-between .25 and .50 only because I'm not sure if the ruby wrasse is able to handle the treatment....

Also can I add more corals and inverts to the tank while it's sitting for the 2 months with no fish????

and I have had a algae bloom in the DT and was reading on the Seachem product SeaGel which has carbon and Phos Guard mixed together.... Would this help with the bloom.... to be honest I don't have a phosphate test kit been trying to get one for a couple of months but the LPS said they also are having trouble getting them in.... short supply

it's just I'm tired of my tank looking like it has brown fur everywhere...

So Anyone that has used this product and found it useful please tell me....

last test I had done the LPS said the water has a little phosphates in their but it was good to have a little was he right or giving bad advise???

oh and off topic has anyone started a tank from fresh sea water.... I've been asked to do this for a dive shop so they can catch a few fish from the big blue and put them in it.... and as payment they are going to get me a moorish idol and a few other expensive fish from the ocean and yes catch the chemical free... we must be nice to them.... and some may say that I shouldn't do it but the moorish idol they travel down to our waters over summer but don't travel north to warmer waters for winter so they die here so I guess I could say I'm saving one or 2.... think it will take a few go's (fishys) to get their doet right for them to live in captive
Old 10-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

I am curious how you would be doing water changes with sea water? What I think would work is if you took a sea water sample and temperature check and work from there. Living in New England I would have to use a chiller.

Tags
fish, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com