Fish won't eat nori.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seafan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a a tang that loves to eat the calepura and bubble algae in my tank, but I was afraid that he wasn't getting enough protein so I put seaweed selects in my tank on a clip and he won't touch it.
How can I make him eat some.

Keep putting in small pieces on a clip or fastened to a rock and in time, he will get around to trying it. Once he starts, there will be no stopping.
I wish any one of my six tangs would eat bubble algae, but no such luck.
What kind is it?

Yellow tang, He only used to eat calepura, but when he depleted the amount in the tank he took to eating bubble.

I had a hard time getting my yellow tank to eat sea weed selects from the veggie clip. I changed and secured it to a piece of rock on the sand bed and now he goes crazy when I put it in the tank.

Try frozen broccoli fluorets (thawed first) in a feeding clip.

Cheers
Steve

I have one of those veggie clips that looks like a fish, and my real fish were really freaked out by it. What I do now is cut up some dried nori with scissors into little bits, rinse, and then throw that in the tank with some flakes or what ever else I am feeding that day.

Back
Top Bottom