Flame Angel swimming at a slight angle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NeoCatsy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had my flame for a month. He has been doing very well. I noticed today him darting and when he turns he 80% or the time turns to the left. He likes to hide in the rocks more than normal. Then i noticed he is kinda swimming at a slight angle. Should i be concerned. I feed my fish and he didn't seem hungry but i did give them seaweed last night, so maybe he wasn't hungry. Should I be worried.

Neo

He has some of his top fin in the back missing but he got into a scuffle with my damsels.

I would do a PWC to get your water as clean and perfect as possible. That fight may have stressed your Angel and he may come down with something.
Just monitor and remove him to a QT if needed.

If you can, check for any blurring of the eyes and does the tattered fins have any redness? Ha!, yes I know, Flamers are primarily red/orange anyways XD Seriously, try to distinguish any red marks from their natural colorations.

The fins were fine eyes fine, But today i went to check on him, NOT A SIGHT of him in the tank. I took out 30% of the LR, He is no where to be found. I fear I have lost Hotrod. Everything else is fine Do you think he is just a good hider or do you think he has gone to the fishes, Pardon the pun.

Back
Top Bottom