Flame angel with one cloudy eye.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdaniel2882

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I did a PWC yesterday and added some sand to my aquarium. I put the sand down a 2" PVC but still caused quiet a bit of cloudyness in the water. Today my flame angel has a cloudy eye that may be a fungus on the eye. It looks like it may be on the eye not in it. any ideas and how do I treat. could it be irratation from the added sand. help please.

Usually cloudy eyes are from not so perfect water parameters. Do some frequent PWC`s and make sure of pristine water conditions and it should go away.

Usually cloudy eyes are from not so perfect water parameters. Do some frequent PWC`s and make sure of pristine water conditions and it should go away.

Could it be because of the sand storm and stuff that got stired up moving some rocks. I did a 25% change after put the sand in and moved the rocks. nitrates are not high now at about 10 ppm everything else is 0 ph is 8.3. He acts normal and is eating well.

Could be I guess but everything I`ve read says water parameters and stress are to blame. Maybe the cloudiness is stressing him out.

Perform 25%-50% water changes every other day to every 2 days for 1 wk and see if it alleviates the problem. Excessive micro bubbles in the water can also play culprit to clouded or pop-eye, but in the end you may have to treat with an anti-bacterial medication.

Back
Top Bottom