Flame scallop tongue!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I came home tonight and my flame scallop is closed with his usual orange tentacle things sticking out a little... and he seems to be sweeping around with his "tongue" ????? any ideas???? is he dying????

nope....... hmmmm....... target feed with what???? I've only got flade,brine, mysis, and krill.... any suggestions????????

Get some invert target food right away. I suppose your lfs didn't tell you this :evil: If you don't want to go that route you can simply put some of your regular frozen food in a blender(with some vitamins) and feed it to him with a turkey baster. Make sure you shut off any pumps or filters when you are doing this so the food actually gets to it.

Just got back.... I bought some phyoplankton.... but when I got back we noticed his "hinge" was jacked..... I think maybe something attacked him and he was on his way down.... I got rid of him before he could funk up the tank..................*sigh*

That's too bad. He might have been too weak to defend himself. I'm not sure if there's too many things that could open an oyster when it's shut.

I'v been told they are very, very difficult to keep in home aquariums. How long didja have it? I would consider not trying another.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to get another... I had him for about two or three months......

Back
Top Bottom