Thanks, I finally got the salinity down to 0.009 last night. It seems that the baking soda was the problem. I pulled all the fish out and placed the in a bucket, emptied the entire QT, washed it and disinfected it with white vinegar, rinsed all the filters in DT water, made a new batch of salt mix at 1.025 and slowly added some of that water to the bucket. Once the salinity was about 1.020 in the bucket I switched them over to the QT.
Immediately all the fish felt good and acted normal. I gave them a day or so break and followed a 5 step salinity drop schedule over 48 hrs. Steps worked out this way:
All was well. I didn't add anything for Ph. I gave up on that. Several members told me there isnt much I can do about it. Any recommendations are welcomed.
Unfortunately at 1.014 salinity stage the flame started acting up again. I moved him to a hospital tank. I tried increasing the salinity a bit but there was no hope. He passed away a few hours later. Flamey, as we named him, was really normal one minute then started looking disoriented the next. He will be missed. I plan on getting another.