Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #21
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Also, long spined urchins' spines are venomous. I think I still have a pic in my galery of the hydro tour. He also carried around three snails, the first one couldn't do anything and the other two were cleaning each other.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #22
AA Team Emeritus

Long-spined urchins are venemous, but they aren't going to put you in the hospital unless you stick your head in your tank and take one in the eye The worst I've had is a numb arm the entire afternoon (4hrs) after a really nice stick I don't recommend long-spined urchins under 75g because of eventual growth. Also, stick with a serpent star since brittles are far more predatory.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
Long-spined urchins are venemous, but they aren't going to put you in the hospital unless you stick your head in your tank and take one in the eye The worst I've had is a numb arm the entire afternoon (4hrs) after a really nice stick I don't recommend long-spined urchins under 75g because of eventual growth. Also, stick with a serpent star since brittles are far more predatory.
Does that go for the Black Brittle Stars?? I know everyone has issues with the green ones. My black one comes out at night and just cleans the sand. Has yet to touch any fish.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #24
AA Team Emeritus

I would not trust any brittle star whether it is green, black, blue, rainbow, or any skittle combination you can think up Make sure you keep it well fed.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to HoCkEyGmC
would a serpent fit in a 28 nanocube tho? also, the blackening is getting worse and worse
Old 09-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #26
AA Team Emeritus

Depends on the species since some get rather large, but there are ones that will do ok I think. I don't have time to look some up, but perhaps someone can for you or you can do a search yourself How is the clown's behavior? Labored breathing or swimming pattern? You can always remove the clown to a qt as to give it a rest. It may just be that its skin is more sensitive to nematocyst firing or that it cannot build up a strong enough immune system to produce the required slime coating.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

his behavior is pretty much just swimming allover, up down all around, when someone comes to closely observe him he'll just try to hid or swim to the other end of the tank. he occasionally passes through the frogspawn. he isnt even to the condition in the first picture but it has been getting worse.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice FINatic

hmmm, now he's starting to not go through the frogspawn as much and now he is showing much interest in the wellsophyllia brain. it doesnt really look like much but i think that its considered hosting. hes kinda just hovering over it. he still goes over to the frogspawn now and then but i think hes chosen the brain. will him hosting the brain instead still cause "the black ich"-(my name for it).
Old 10-02-2008, 07:51 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

update on the clown: he is losing colors on his tail fin and (back?) fins. they are becoming transparent in a few small spots. what could this be due to?
Old 10-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice FINatic

hes lost even more color in the past 2 days.

Tags
ick, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com