flase perc sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, long spined urchins' spines are venomous. I think I still have a pic in my galery of the hydro tour. He also carried around three snails, the first one couldn't do anything and the other two were cleaning each other.

Long-spined urchins are venemous, but they aren't going to put you in the hospital unless you stick your head in your tank and take one in the eye ;) The worst I've had is a numb arm the entire afternoon (4hrs) after a really nice stick :) I don't recommend long-spined urchins under 75g because of eventual growth. Also, stick with a serpent star since brittles are far more predatory.

Long-spined urchins are venemous, but they aren't going to put you in the hospital unless you stick your head in your tank and take one in the eye ;) The worst I've had is a numb arm the entire afternoon (4hrs) after a really nice stick :) I don't recommend long-spined urchins under 75g because of eventual growth. Also, stick with a serpent star since brittles are far more predatory.

Does that go for the Black Brittle Stars?? I know everyone has issues with the green ones. My black one comes out at night and just cleans the sand. Has yet to touch any fish.

I would not trust any brittle star whether it is green, black, blue, rainbow, or any skittle combination you can think up :-? Make sure you keep it well fed.

Depends on the species since some get rather large, but there are ones that will do ok I think. I don't have time to look some up, but perhaps someone can for you or you can do a search yourself :) How is the clown's behavior? Labored breathing or swimming pattern? You can always remove the clown to a qt as to give it a rest. It may just be that its skin is more sensitive to nematocyst firing or that it cannot build up a strong enough immune system to produce the required slime coating.

his behavior is pretty much just swimming allover, up down all around, when someone comes to closely observe him he'll just try to hid or swim to the other end of the tank. he occasionally passes through the frogspawn. he isnt even to the condition in the first picture but it has been getting worse.

hmmm, now he's starting to not go through the frogspawn as much and now he is showing much interest in the wellsophyllia brain. it doesnt really look like much but i think that its considered hosting. hes kinda just hovering over it. he still goes over to the frogspawn now and then but i think hes chosen the brain. will him hosting the brain instead still cause "the black ich"-(my name for it).

update on the clown: he is losing colors on his tail fin and (back?) fins. they are becoming transparent in a few small spots. what could this be due to?

I can just offer you my experience with coral burns and clowns. Once I removed my clowns, it took them a while to heal and the spots that were black from the coral did turn opaque before regaining it's original color. Perhaps that is what you are seeing.

i know that clowns like to host things but now he only leaves the corner for food or if threatened by my shrimp. and when i say he doesn't move, HE DOESN'T MOVE! he is very still, only waves his fins rather slowly. he will re-adjust once in a while. also, the clown keeps on getting darker and darker. GAHHH!

Back
Top Bottom