Flatworm exit treatment (Toxin) Question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChrisJackie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I treated my tank for red flatworms with Flatwork exit. I first siphoned out as many as possible with my python, loaded my canister with fresh carbon. As instructed by the directions I waited 30 minutes to cut on the canister with the carbon, even though the the flat worms started to die after about 5 minutes. After about 45 minutes I did a 25% water change to be safe. All my fish are doing fine except my Bi-Color Angel and my six-line wrasse. Both seem to have an eye irritation and their fins are starting to get ragged. Neitherwill eat and are just lying motionless on the substrate. These symptoms started about 12 hours after the treatment. Both were healthy fish that have been in my tank for over a year.

What are the common symptons to exposure to flatwrm toxin? and is this fatal or will it pass over time?

Thanks in advance

Chris

It can be fatal depending on the concentration but your other fish should be showing similar behavior. Could be they actually ate a "floater". I would check all the water parameters, do an additional large water change (aged/aerated) and replace the carbon for new.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom