Flower pot coral not opening, what should i do.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acendana114

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have this flower pot coral for the last 3 year and it was doing well until about a month ago when I noticed it's loosing it's color. Since last week, some parts are not opening. I think it's being stung by the coral right right to it. I can't move either of them because they have attached to the rock. please help

Attachments

• image-1076183947.jpg
    image-1076183947.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 170
I wouldn't be worried about the neighbor coral stinging it...the flowerpot is a more aggressive coral, i'd be worried about it stinging it's neighbor. But, from looking at it there is alot of recession and skeleton showing. How much of this is new, since you said you've had it for 3 years. The thing about flower pots is that one small injury can be fatal to them, it is just a slow recessioned death. My flower pot is currently doing the same thing. Hopefully we can figure something out to help you out.

Have there been any recent changes to the tank? Current parameters? Lighting? How old are the bulbs?

Water parameters are good, metal halide is 12 months old and all the other corals are healthy so I don't know why the flower pot is not doing well

So far the tissue is not yet receding yet but it's been almost two weeks that it hasn't opened. It's never done this before, it has always been full and healthy. All other corals are happy.

Back
Top Bottom