Fluke?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I`m a hyposality person when it comes to ich. Esp with tangs as IMO they are more suseptible to copper. Let me know if you need a link on hypo.

Lol. Thanks mike. I started to lower the salinity yesterday but read not to do hypo while doing prazipro. I will start to do hypo in a couple days after the prazi starts to wear down. Thanks. I Am still working on that pic. Like I said, I thought ich first but the fact that they are kinda stringy got me thinking fluke.

I can't get a pic of him. Man he is camera shy. I was kinda hiding and he poked his head out of the PVC and saw me, backed right back up. It was pretty funny. I will keep trying.

angnak said:
I can't get a pic of him. Man he is camera shy. I was kinda hiding and he poked his head out of the PVC and saw me, backed right back up. It was pretty funny. I will keep trying.

don't push it too much though dont wana stress the lil guy

It wasn't the freshwater dip. Freshwater dips on CERTAIN fish is actually very beneficial. It will take out parasites and other nasties. Only CERTAIN fish, like puffers I'm pretty sure are on the do not freshwater dip list. Like if you ever get wild dwarf seahorses it's a very good idea to do a freshwater dip, and I have rarely heard of any lives lost.

Please do not mix medications and make sure the prior medication has been diluted before new dosages administered (stick to one treatment). Copper is available in sulfate, chelated, and Cupramine. PraziPro is Praziquantel and does not kill ich. As for freshwater dips, I've literally used this method on hundreds of fish and have never lost a single one to it, but seemingly limited to the hosts epidermal layer (I often employ prior to release). Most copper time frames are from 10-14 days and will kill most external parasites except Brooklynella. Hyposalinity usually requires 14-30 days (ich has been known to survive past the lower thresh hold of hypo), but does not kill Brooklynella or Amyloodinium and can exhibit proper conditions for Uronema. Regardless of the method you choose, don't mix the meds (some meds such as Formalin/Malachite green and antibacterials such as Furans can be used in conjunction).

I just find all this weird that two fish have showed signs and no other fish in there has. I have an orange shoulder, a naso, heniochus, 11 chromis, 3 clowns and a lawnmower. I know the Achilles I had brought it in. Moved them to the hospital tank after about a month. Everything was fine. About 2 weeks ago started copper after the hospital finally got through the cycle. Achilles went down fast. Came home one day and he was brown on his head and pale. Had scar like spots but never saw actual spots. Now he died in three days. So stopped the copper waited two days running carbon because blank tang started showing signs, pale and the spots or stringy things, figured the copper should have been working after a week. Thought flukes and did what has been said on the first post. This is getting frustrating. About 9 years doing this and lost my first tank within a yr and have had these gangs for 7 or 8 yrs now. I don't know wether to do copper again just in case this is not ich. But that is or can be harmful. I am sick of this crap.

Ok got two more pics. This spots are pretty big. He keeps squaring up to the chromis looking for a cleaning.

Attachments

• image-3575228116.jpg
    image-3575228116.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 85
  • image-904280502.jpg
    image-904280502.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 83
Ok, I have had my DT empty of fish for at least six weeks and today all of a sudden there are very tiny white critters crawling on the glass. Any ideas?

Btw. I don't think it is flex. Pics I see don't seem to be the same.

Back
Top Bottom