Fluke?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angnak

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just lost a fish and now my black tang is showing signs. Bad. Was treating cupramine in the hospital and the other fish still died. Could never really keep the copper at .5 but was always above .3. So ran carbon to clear it out and started prazipro. Did a freshwater dip for 13 mins, way to stressful for me not the fish. Doesn't seems one came off. Thought I was facing ich but the stringyness of it seems to point to flukes. Best pics I could get. They are mainly in his fins. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• image-3981286692.jpg
    image-3981286692.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 109
  • image-1654167395.jpg
    image-1654167395.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 111
Trust me. I didn't want to but after reading 50 things and fw dip says 99% effective in all, I am desperate. He never showed signs of stress. He is still eating but is shy. He has always been shy though. He is about 8 yrs old now.

angnak said:
Trust me. I didn't want to but after reading 50 things and fw dip says 99% effective in all, I am desperate. He never showed signs of stress. He is still eating but is shy. He has always been shy though. He is about 8 yrs old now.
hm well in the futre although effective try to avoid it prevent any heartache do you have any inverts

I too agree that FW dips do no good. It stresses the fish out to the point they might not make it. Never seen a FW dip do any good and in my experience many of the times they die.

Here is one more from my phone. Not much better

Attachments

• image-1063792534.jpg
    image-1063792534.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 77
I was treating with copper and still lost one. I just started the prazipro last night. So I will give it a couple more days to run it's course. Not a fan of mixing the meds. Unless you think other wise.

angnak said:
I was treating with copper and still lost one. I just started the prazipro last night. So I will give it a couple more days to run it's course. Not a fan of mixing the meds. Unless you think other wise.

what meds are you using im not a fan of mixin meds either but id pm melrouse hes been doin this for 13years hed deff know good from bad

Back
Top Bottom