Formalin, quick-cure, or cooper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solidsnakejv

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i have a case of marine ich that developed in my QT tank. I am really fighting many issues at once so there are many things to consider. I didn't have a QT setup until i needed one and therefore was never cycled. i have been fighting ammonia and nitrite with water changes and amquel.

All of my fish have been eating well except for my lawnmower blenny. I have a few fish whose gills are moving extremely fast, but some that seen fine. almost all the fish are scratching against the heather and PVC sections.
I gave all fish a freshwater bath and added formalin to the tank 3 days ago, did a 50% water change yesterday and added formalin again. 2 drops per gallons (as intructions, every other day).

since the water parameters are not the greatest i don't want my fish to be ich infected for too long. i've read that cooper is the surest and most effective treatment for ich aside hyposalinity.

Should i continue using formalin? should i switch to QuICK-cure? or should i do cooper?

Formalin isn't the best med. for ich so if you're not going the hypo. route and cannot afford Chloroquine then use Cupramine.

okay i picked up the cupramine today. I am using an aquaclear filter. I removed the carbon a few days ago, but i still have the biomax media (bio-blocks), do i need to remove that as well and just leave the sponge?

Back
Top Bottom