Found the Culprit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking of doing the same thing with my canister filter. That way I can keep going and going without fear of running out of water.

Jim

So, how'd you fare last night? I realized that there's no way that i'm going to catch them like that. Mine measure about 1/8" x 1/16" at the most. After I had the light off for about 20 minutes last night, I turned it back on. Sure enough there was an isopod on my perc. I caught him, and dipped him in the FW that I had floating in a container in the tank. He was not too happy about that. Anyway, TWO fell off of him into the bath. They were off in about 3 seconds.

I was watching them in the container and they are FAST!! Think of mantis shrimp speed just scaled down. Considering their size, they really haul @$$ .....errr tail.

There weren't any on the other fish that I could see. Although I know that at least one more exists.

This morning there weren't any on the clowns, so today is a small victory.

Me: 2
Isopods: 0

:snipersmile: 80<
:2gunfire: 80<
:uzi: 80<

( 80< is my ASCII rendition of an isopod in case you were wondering :) )

Jim

Congrats, I had no luck last night. The only thing that I saw was 3 mantis shrimp and no pods. This morning the Tang didnt have any hanging off of him.

That makes 8 mantis in the batch of rock I got. unbelievable!!!!!

you've already pulled 5 out?!?!? That's nuts

I know of one in my tank, but right now i'm more concerned with the pods eating the fish. Besides, he's too small to hurt anyone anyways.

Jim

Well, one more down last night, and no more on the fish this morning. I think the freshwater dip is the best method of catching them. I'm hoping that I've got them all now.....

We'll see tonight in "Death to the Isopods, Part 3"

oh yeah, after catching them I get enjoyment out of putting the container in the microwave for a few minutes, but that's just me :devilish:

Good deal! Your doing your part of ridding this planet of these nasty creatures!!

I still havent seen my little devils to catch them. I'm still trying!!

Caught this one in the sump today while I was doing a water change, he's the biggest one yet. Also, there was one on my tang this morning, so I had the wife watch him until the pod fell off (3 hrs) and caught him. Its been a good day!

Back
Top Bottom