Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Do you have a QT ? If so put him in and treat him

Old 07-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to George9
You said he stopped eating, right? It can be really tricky getting him to eat and fattening him up. I wouldn't move him because it will only make it worse and he probably won't eat in qt either.

Try feeding him and see what he does. I would highly recommend getting some dried seaweed ASAP and a clip and leave it in the tank. He may pick at it. It will be good for your yellow tang too.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I just wanted to post an update. I had my foxface examined and the good news is he didn't starve. As I didn't know my one food is a veggie blended food sadly he did have a run in with my urchin and isn't fairing so well. He is hanging in there and trying to fight so only time will tell. I was told not to move him as it will add stress so I got a pet keeper with holes in it to keep him in his tank but isolated from the other fish and still let him have current and light. I am praying my Todd makes it
Old 07-21-2013, 12:22 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nice to hear. Good luck hope he bounce back.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

How is he looking today?
Old 07-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #16

Well at 130am he was swimming short distances in his isolation box and he did eat. I was so excited that Todd the fighter was rallying. Sadly at 8am this morning he passed away :-( . Now a new issue or maybe an over paranoid new tank owner who's fish just passed away.... My yellow tang Bubbles has one tiny white speck on her top fin like a piece of food is stuck or a piece of fuzz. No other spots issues or lack of eating. Nobody else has anything on them. I'm trying for a picture but it is so small I can't get it. I did look at Todd all over with a magnifying glass before his "funeral" and he had nothing on him but tiny puncture by the gill that I was told the urchin made. Can it be ick starting?
Old 07-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathers.why View Post
Well at 130am he was swimming short distances in his isolation box and he did eat. I was so excited that Todd the fighter was rallying. Sadly at 8am this morning he passed away :-( . Now a new issue or maybe an over paranoid new tank owner who's fish just passed away.... My yellow tang Bubbles has one tiny white speck on her top fin like a piece of food is stuck or a piece of fuzz. No other spots issues or lack of eating. Nobody else has anything on them. I'm trying for a picture but it is so small I can't get it. I did look at Todd all over with a magnifying glass before his "funeral" and he had nothing on him but tiny puncture by the gill that I was told the urchin made. Can it be ick starting?
I'm sorry about your fish

It could be ich starting. And tangs are ich magnets. How long has he been in the tank and do you see any scratching or twitching? Since you said it looks like a piece of fuzz, it may not be ich, because ich spots look like salt.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #19

Oh got a picture... I think you can see it. Thanks so much for the support and follow up . This is my first saltwater tank (a dream for a long time I shared with my husband before he passed away). I am reading like mad and trying so hard to learn. I am building it with my adopted 2 year old grandson and my mom who is terminally ill so I want so badly for it to be beautiful and everyone happy and healthy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2543934509.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	187486   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2633139887.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	187487  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-799821159.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	187488  
Old 07-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathers.why View Post
Oh got a picture... I think you can see it. Thanks so much for the support and follow up . This is my first saltwater tank (a dream for a long time I shared with my husband before he passed away). I am reading like mad and trying so hard to learn. I am building it with my adopted 2 year old grandson and my mom who is terminally ill so I want so badly for it to be beautiful and everyone happy and healthy.
I'm sorry about your mom it's great you're doing this for them

Good news is it is not ich!! To me, it looks like the beginning of a fungal infection. If you have a quarantine tank, I would move him and treat with a medication called Paraguard by seachem. I had a fish that had something similar and it cleared it up pretty fast. Also, a good diet, and clean water will help a lot!!

If you cannot quarantine, it is always risky treating the main tank. I have treated the main tank with paraguard with no issues (long story lol). As long as you have no inverts, or corals or anything. A QT tank is definitely the best way to go. If you don't have one, this would be a very last resort.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com