Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-23-2003, 12:48 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
This would be so much easier with a picture of the tang and the affected area.
I know.....I wish I had a digital camera. Ill see if i can get my hands on one! It doesn't look like the picture you have posted. In that picture, the infected areas look "indented". The marks on my fish do not look raised or indented...its as if the yellow color is mising....its hard to explain. I spoke with someone at the LFS and he said it was common with the tangs and he has had the same problem with his before and he did the fresh water dip.
I have done the half and half dip with the formalin twice now.....he is much more active today and I think his eye is clearing up a little bit! The discoloration is still present though. Oh yea...he seems very shy, anytime someone walks by the tank, he hides in his cove...is this normal or does he just not like me?! haha

Old 07-23-2003, 02:12 AM   #12
steve-s

Until you can get some difinitive info or a pic, I would say since the tang is showing improvement keep doing what you have been. I would also suggest soaking the foods in Selcon. It's a great vitamin additive that will improve the health while strengthening the immune system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by two11devan
Oh yea...he seems very shy, anytime someone walks by the tank, he hides in his cove...is this normal or does he just not like me?! haha
Very common in all new fish, especially one that has been through what your's has. Once the turmoil comes to an end and it settles in, you will notice a change in the tangs behavior.

Cheers
Steve
Old 07-23-2003, 02:25 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks for the info! I have just started adding garlic to the water when i feed them. I soaked the food in it as well, i am trying to see what works best....but I will look into the SELCON

Tags
fresh, fresh water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com