Freshwater bath or pass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HookedOnFishh

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, I have a CB in my tank I don't have a QT and its a FOWLR and dosing the tank win Rid-Ich and the salinty Is low at 1.013 to kill the ich. The CB and other fish have got so bad they stopped eating today. Really bad should I freshwater bath or pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would pass on the fresh water bath?
I would lose the rid ich and go copper or just keep at the hypo and try the transfer method also if possible?
I like rid ich but marine ich is not freshwater ich.
Only 3 ways to kill ich on fish;
Marine Ich - Myths and Facts | Reef Sanctuary

The tank can rid the ich by running fallow for atleast 30 days...(timing will depend on many variables).

The butterfly won't last long not eating IMO.

It's a Coral Beauty rid Ich is blue malitchite

Thought CB was Copper Banded? MY bad..
I know what kordon rid ich is.
Copper,hypo,or transfer.
Only 3 ways to kill ich.
No med is safe to use with hypo...
Hypo is best because it works alone and kills only ich among disease.
I would pull the rid ich and go straight hypo (no med) .
Consider copper,but I don't believe you should be mixing anything with hypo?
You need to choose a treatment and use it properly.
Have you read the link above?
It is good info.

What is transfer? I'm dosing mess and hypo why is it so bad?

you never want to treat in the display as everything can and will leach into the rocks ,
this can cause you problems keeping coral along with many inverts , and render your tank a fowler only , all chemicals are considered poison in a reef and can cause more damage than you really want to know about

Oh... I'm planning to get corals soon so that's pretty bad then huh?

I think I was doing this all wrong. I don't have a QT though it's only a 30gal

I think I was doing this all wrong. I don't have a QT though it's only a 30gal

So what is your plan now??
What is your stocking and filter for your 30?

Marine ich is WAY more brutal then freshwater ich.
I would look into a 10/20 g qt.
Whether real aquarium or rubber maid tub you need to separate the fish from everything else IMO.
Then in a BB(Bare Bottom) tank 'treatment' can be proper and effective.

Many reef aquarists here actually ignore marine ich (to an extent). I believe Gregcoyote and Mr. X are on that list.

With proper care given to stocking, proper tank maintenance, good diet, and a calm environment for your fish marine ich should never get out of control. I have ich in my reef and I've never see more than 1 or 2 spots at any given time in my tank. Yes, it's still there but it's being kept at bay by having healthy fish. Yes, there is a potential for it to get out of control and if any fish suddenly develops a bunch of spots than they need to be removed into QT for a short time.

I will say, that when I first started keeping saltwater fish and moved a little too fast with adding fish my clowns had a bad ich outbreak and I'm positive that a freshwater bath saved them. However, it went away as soon as I corrected my excessively high nitrate problem and has never been a problem since.

It has been disappearing and not returning in days my fish have been totally healthy my clowns and blenny Stanley have survived. While my CB has had it. I have a Bak- Pac 2 for my tank

Today, my fish have been dropping like flies no idea why. There not affected by marine ick I had 5 fish 1 that was the CB had it and the Blenny and firefish didn't have t but died. :( ;( Now I have a pair of two clowns which hopefully won't get ick

Today, my fish have been dropping like flies no idea why. There not affected by marine ick I had 5 fish 1 that was the CB had it and the Blenny and firefish didn't have t but died. :( ;( Now I have a pair of two clowns which hopefully won't get ick
I am sorry to hear this.
Hopefully we can help you out?
What's your water stats

Nitrate
Ammonia
Nitrite
PH
Temp
SG
^^THIS^^
And how long has tank been established?