Frog spawn looking bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it was from the alk, why wouldn't all of the heads be doing the same thing? I'd say this is from moving the powerhead and it is too direct of a flow onto those heads and not the other. That said, such an increase in alk isn't healthy...though I want to say you already mentioned that.

If it was from the alk, why wouldn't all of the heads be doing the same thing? I'd say this is from moving the powerhead and it is too direct of a flow onto those heads and not the other. That said, such an increase in alk isn't healthy...though I want to say you already mentioned that.
Yes. Also, I have recently cut a lot of my kenya tree in the water. Do you think it released toxins that might've hurt the frogspawn?

Looks stressed. What are your parameters?
One thing you have to understand when things are going on in your tank, coral are usually more hardy than you'd think. I recently screwed up dosing alk in my tank. Most of the coral didn't care one way or another. Then there were 4 frags that showed signs of tissue recession but everything else is fine. This is easily understood as frags would be the most delicate and they were also sps.

Looks stressed. What are your parameters?
One thing you have to understand when things are going on in your tank, coral are usually more hardy than you'd think. I recently screwed up dosing alk in my tank. Most of the coral didn't care one way or another. Then there were 4 frags that showed signs of tissue recession but everything else is fine. This is easily understood as frags would be the most delicate and they were also sps.
Remember, my alk was 5 for a while abd then I immediately raised it to 11, which wasn't good, but that was a few weeks ago. Nitrates are 0-5. Salinity yesterday was at 1.024. Alk was at 7 or 8. Calcium 400-420. Phosphates were below the lowest number, forgot what that was. Are the leds strong for it? The other day I dropped pellets on it, maybe that wasn't good. I read plates just don't do well. I purchased it a few weeks ago

If you have a frogspawn at the top of the tank, the lighting isn't too strong for a plate at the bottom.
I would simply just make sure you aren't adding anything new to the tank and aim for stability at this time. The constant ups and downs is probably part of the issue going on.

If you have a frogspawn at the top of the tank, the lighting isn't too strong for a plate at the bottom.
I would simply just make sure you aren't adding anything new to the tank and aim for stability at this time. The constant ups and downs is probably part of the issue going on.

Not going to add anything for a while. The BRS dosing kit is coming in so I can stabilize KH/CA. I have been slowly raising the LED power, maybe I should've raised it faster. So if I turn the power all the way up would it be bad for the frogspawn and hammer at the top of the tank? For the future , do I need to place the frogspawn and hammer on the bottom if I turn the power up all the way? Or can they acclimate to the 100% power.

Coral can acclimate to 100% power on these units...though personally I don't recommend it.
I run 2 gen 2 Radions over my 55 tank. I've struggled to keep some LPS happy though the past, to include plate coral. It took quite some time to figure out some of the lighting schedules and many emails back and forth from Ecotech to where they informed me that they run their units at only 60% intensity! I say this because even though I run at 60%, I can still keep SPS in my sandbed. Just some food for thought there.

Ok, I'll see how the corals respond. Right now seems some are stretching for more. When I have things stable I'd like to get some sps hopefully, maybe place them high up. I have a 78 watt led system, diy.

Back
Top Bottom