Frogspawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys my brother and i did a large water change on our sw tank last night and this morning one of our frogspawn heads was looking normal, but the other looked inverted! I cant get pics, but any theories? Thanks!

Do you have a powerhead or HOB aimed at it? Frogspawn does not like direct flow.

No the powerhead it not moving it very much at all... The flow kinda bounces off the rock then hits the frogspawn a tiny bit. Could it be because the salinity is too high or low?

What is the specific gravity? If you're using one of those little plastic hydrometers, I would not put much faith in what it says.

We have a refractometer and the tank is 25 but the salt in the backet was 24, would that make a differance? The levels are good and everything... But we got the coral ob saturday so its new

Just give it some time IMO. A bucket of sw at 1.024 added to a tank that is 1.025 isn't going to impact the tank's sg much at all so I don't think that is your problem.

Okay when i go home today hopefully they are both open! Haha if not i will test the levels and salinity. Thanks gor the help!

Haha nope only 2 cleaner shrimp! No problem though because the frogspawn is looking as good as ever! One of the heads is even breaking into 2 heads!

Back
Top Bottom