Frogspawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noturaveragereefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of the two branches never opened. All other coral are well...any suggestions? Pointers? Parameters all normal

image-2762732566.jpg

One of the two branches never opened. All other coral are well...any suggestions? Pointers? Parameters all normal

View attachment 165106

If all your water parameters are in line, what kind of lighting are you using??

Is it getting to much flow??

Also, it could be splitting.

Have you witnessed it expelling something that looks brownish? if so, that would probably be the zooxanthellae which isn't a good sign. You'd probably be better off fragging the head.

Frank

If all your water parameters are in line, what kind of lighting are you using??

Is it getting to much flow??

Also, it could be splitting.

Have you witnessed it expelling something that looks brownish? if so, that would probably be the zooxanthellae which isn't a good sign. You'd probably be better off fragging the head.

Frank

I saw it expelling some stuff this morning but it was clear....and I don't think it's getting too much flow the other head seems to be softly swaying back and forth and completely happy. All parameters are good well as of yesterday evening they were...Im using T5 lighting. How long should I give it before fragging. I just added it Tuesday.

My pink tip did that when I first added it give it a few weeks and you might have it in a low lit area from my experience they like light and moderate flow and u can try feeding it some brine and mysis. This is what mine looks like after a few weeks after it acclimated to my tank

Attachments

• image-3740879768.jpg
    image-3740879768.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 78
Thanks! I fed them last night for the first time...I'll keep my eye on it. What concerns me is that the other head seems to be perfectly happy...along with all my other corals

I have 5 heads and every now and them one or two will do that so to me that's an indicator they want a water change so I do a PC I usually do a 30 gal change on my 90

I have 5 heads and every now and them one or two will do that so to me that's an indicator they want a water change so I do a PC I usually do a 30 gal change on my 90

I'm still a bit worried...probably more so now because I did a coral rx dip and saw a worm come out of it...I then placed it at the bottom of the tank...the one head still isn't coming up but i suppose I'll wait it out

I'd wait it out the dip probably just made it very made that's all and do you know what kinda worm it was?

I'd wait it out the dip probably just made it very made that's all and do you know what kinda worm it was?

image-249810820.jpg

I have no clue of the type of worm but it was approx 2" and transparent...here is a pic of the frogspawn this morning

View attachment 165285

I have no clue of the type of worm but it was approx 2" and transparent...here is a pic of the frogspawn this morning

IMO, that one head looks like it's definitely on the way out. To best preserve the other head I would certainly consider fragging it, just incase. It could be an issue with the one head, but if it's not and it spreads you'll lose the whole piece..

Frank

IMO, that one head looks like it's definitely on the way out. To best preserve the other head I would certainly consider fragging it, just incase. It could be an issue with the one head, but if it's not and it spreads you'll lose the whole piece..

Frank

Thanks Frank, I fragged it shortly after taking this pic....my first fragging ?...we shall see how the other head does. It's not too happy either right now.

Thanks Frank, I fragged it shortly after taking this pic....my first fragging ?...we shall see how the other head does. It's not too happy either right now.

There will be an adjustment period for the one good head, as long as your water conditions are kept up you should notice the good head adapting withing 48-72hrs. Best case scenario, the other head makes a recovery, although I wouldn't get my hopes up from that recent picture.

Good luck!

Frank

Lol! It won't recover because soon as I started cutting it seemed to immediately fall apart.

Back
Top Bottom