Frogspawn Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

usmcmarc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,
Well, a co-worker was being nice and bought me a small piece of frogspawn and a small trumpet coral. She wasn't aware that my tank needed a few more months before putting in coral. She said they were on sale for like $10 each. Sale items cannot be returned. So...I checked my numbers:

SG= 1.024
pH= 8.3
Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 10ppm
Phos = 0
Copper = 0
Calcium = 400
Alk = 10%dKH (179ppm KH/GH)

Temp = 79

Since the numbers were good and have been for quite a while, with no major swings.

I did a 2 hour drip acclimation, placed in the tank in an area of light to moderate flow, and turned off the 10000K lights. Only the Actinic were left on for about 3 hours. Now only the moon LED's are on.

Trumpet Coral looks fine after 5 hours.

Frogspawn seems to have come out, but looks weird. It looks like its sprouting little knobs off the fingers. Some of them are swollen and have 1 - 3 knobs on them that look like the tops of the fingers. It almost looks like it's going through mitosis. Or Growing new fingers.

1. Is this normal?
2. If not, what can I do to help?

Hmm, sounds like a normal frogspawn to me. Check a picture of mine. :)

You can see smaller little "appendages" on each piece. Is that what you are talking about?

Also, before mine fully inflates the little finger things look a lot weirder.

Attachments

• dsc00538__medium__209.jpg
    dsc00538__medium__209.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 33
Looks OK to me. You do want to make sure you dont blast those corals or it will damage the heads and the next thing you know you`ll have Brown jelly disease. Looks OK where it is now though.

Back
Top Bottom