frogspawn being shy????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mistermismatch

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ive had this frogspawn for alomst a year now. within the last 2 weeks ive made 2 purchases of rock. the first was 20 lbs of base and the second was 20 of live from a friend. since the rearrangement of the rock the frogspawn hasnt opened as much as it usually does. ive also bought a different light fixture (i was using one that wasnt wide enough for the whole tank) that uses the same brand,wattage and size bulbs. the frogspawn sits in almost the exact same spot in the tank, just on a different rock.the flow is almost the same (maybe a little more direct. it opens and closes every day just doesnt expand like it did. any help???? i ws thinking the current was too much but its not really strong at all. ive also added a galaxia on the other side off the 55. the tank has been settled for 2 weeks now. parameters are on point (except a slightly high nitrate reading but that hasnt affected it before). i dont have exact numbers to provide right now though. in the pictures it is sitting right below the leather on the left half of the tank. that is pretty much the extent of its opening up.

Attachments

• IMG_20110213_145613.jpg
    IMG_20110213_145613.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20110213_150117.jpg
    IMG_20110213_150117.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 109
Is that a Cherub Angel I see in that 2nd picture? If so... maybe with the rock rearrangement it's decided that it's going to start nipping at it?

Is that a Cherub Angel I see in that 2nd picture? If so... maybe with the rock rearrangement it's decided that it's going to start nipping at it?
idk wha that is. its a coral beaty. and it has been like that before i added the fish. thats one of my new guys

i think that may be a coral beauty
my post was a bit misleading. the lights are still t5 but i put a proper sized 48 inch fixture instead of the 2 24 inch fixtures. i would say the wattage is about the same if you would add the 2 small fixtures together.

the bulbs are also new, and they are not the same. the intensity per foot of the 54 watt lamps is more than the smaller bulbs. IMO, it's light shock.

Yup, new bulbs + closed/partially closed coral = light shock. What you can do is try moving it down to the sand bed for a while. Once it starts opening up again, slowly move it back up to it's old spot over the course of a few weeks and it should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom