Frogspawn flesh receeding overnight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swiftler

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys and gals,

I was hoping someone would have some insight and/or advice into my current situation. My frogspawn, which started as 1 head and is now 15+, has within the last 48 hours lost almost all of its flesh. It didn't flake or peel off, it's just pulling up the stalk towards the heads. It's looking a little paler too.

My parameters are:
Salinity: 1.025
Temp: 79
Ammonia: 0.25
Nitrate: 10
Nitrite: 0
pH: 8.0
KH: 161 (9 drops)
Cal: 520 (26 drops)
Phos: 0.25

The latest maintenance done was the removal of the pumps one at a time, soaked over night in 50-50 vinegar and fresh, rinsed thou roughly and reinstalled. I did soak one of the intake foams because it was covered in coralline algae. Could some vinegar be leaching out causing the stress. Also as for lighting, it's has been 4 T5's with recently changed bulbs last month that are all one for about 5 hours a day and the atinics for 11 hours.

Are these HO lights. Also you might want to google brown jelly disease. It happens to a bunch of the LPS corals.

Sorry yes, they are HO. So far I have not seen any brown slime appearing anywhere on the coral or the three frags that I have in the tank from the original stalk.

image-2167122418.jpg

Here is a picture. There are no other corals around it to get stung by either. My toadstool, zoas, and GSP are doing fine.

Back
Top Bottom