Frogspawn healthy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beau_123

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I this frogspawn healthy I got it about 2 weeks ago and it has been bigger but today it isn't as big.

Here is the pic lol

Attachments

• image-677197761.jpg
    image-677197761.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 154
Looks a little deflated but it has nice color. Same spot it's been in? Could just be pissed off.

I have corals that I swear get an attitude for a little while.

Does this acan look ok

Attachments

• image-3868302831.jpg
    image-3868302831.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 140
Convict is right. Its mad because either it doesn't like the flow or lighting most likely. The scan looks fine though. Try spot feeding him some brine shrimp! He will react really well! Maybe spot the frog spawn too

Does this look better and what is the thing that is on the right little pinkish blob

Attachments

• image-3903125155.jpg
    image-3903125155.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 127
Is it being blasted with water current? It looks like the suction part that keeps it on the live rock is coming off a little.. mine shriks up like yours when he is being blasted with water or is getting to much light.

I moved it out of the flow and I will check to see if it move over on the live rock

I just went in and glued the frag down to the rock i will update you with a pic when he opens up more.

Here it is so far.

Attachments

• image-3927957372.jpg
    image-3927957372.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 150
Might be mad from the glue toxins in the water.. I know my Skimmer doesn't like glue... just leave him there and wait a while. (y) what's your salinity?

Ther are toxins in the glue it came with my fragging kit from live aquaria and my salinity is at 36 ppt.

Allright.. all I can say is that whenever mine is that small he is really mad. So either not enough lighting, too much flow, too little flow, Clean up crew bothering it, or he just needs to be left alone so he can get use to where he is.
Whenever corals fall from their rocks or are moved around they get mad and shrink up.. not to mention the CUC always crawl ontop of a coral after it has been moved

So I guess give him some time.. do a partial water change. And he shoyld be fine. (y)

There is no "suction part" that keeps these corals attached to live rock. they build a calcium based skeleton over time and are permanently attached to it. If it appears to be peeling away from the skeleton, it's not a good thing.

Ya in that last pic you can see my shrimp on him so that is probably it thanks if he doesn't get back to normal in a few days I will tell you but hopefully that is the only thing wrong with him.

There is no "suction part" that keeps these corals attached to live rock. they build a calcium based skeleton over time and are permanently attached to it. If it appears to be peeling away from the skeleton, it's not a good thing.

Does it look like it is.

I can't really tell from the pic. If you see fresh, white, skeleton, it's damaged. I was just trying to explain how they are attached.

You'd have to glue it where you want it. It looks I happy but I'm not expert. Still learning. What's the flow like? Parameters!

So if this was asked before.

Back
Top Bottom