Frogspawn help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello! Okay so i just looked at my frogspawn and it looks like its skelaton is showing! What is happening?? Is it ok? Please help

A while ago I switched lights and my hammer did that to half the size. Half of him decomposed. He's fine now, and is gaining his size back. Have you changed anything recently?

Yes the salinity was down to .021! We raised it back up slowly. What happened to your hammer? It is ok now?

Thanks bud i was worried! I hope my frogspawn gets well, he was growing so much before!

What are your water test results. No one is picking on him are they? Years ago I had the same thing happen and two dwarf angels were nipping at him.

melosu58 said:
What are your water test results. No one is picking on him are they? Years ago I had the same thing happen and two dwarf angels were nipping at him.

Dang those angels! Lol.

Salinity was the only problem. Its being raised, so hopefully thats the fix.

I dont think my clown or chalk bass are. Maybe the peppermint shrimp? Ive heard of that happening.

Did your frog make a come back?

Yews it made it baqck once I traded the angels back in. Just make sure of pristine water conditions and you should be OK. I personally dont think 1.021 salinity would do that but stranger things have happened.

melosu58 said:
Yews it made it baqck once I traded the angels back in. Just make sure of pristine water conditions and you should be OK. I personally dont think 1.021 salinity would do that but stranger things have happened.

Maybe too much flow? We habe turned off 1 powerhead.

Off topic sortof, but would you ever recommend an angel again? Im really looking into it

Back
Top Bottom