Frogspawn looking pale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azul17

Aquarium Advice Activist
I’ve had this frogspawn for 5 days now and it hasn’t extended as much as it was at the LFS. I feel like now it’s loosing its color too.
I placed it on the bottom of the tank in the center but today moved it to the side and decrease the light intensity. Water parameters are all good.

Salinity 1.024
Ph8.3
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrates 5
Phosphates .03-.1

Alk 10.6
Calcium 530
Magnesium 1630

Any ideas/suggestions? IMG_2692.jpg0h0a0016-edit.jpg

I’m definitely no expert, but 5 days doesn’t seem too long especially if you’ve moved it during that time. The lfs May have just gotten it in as well, so it may be in a sort of preservation mode.
I would double check light requirements , and if it likes high flow or low flow areas best. I’d give it a little while to get settled.
Your conditions may indeed be perfect, Some will open right away, others a little longer. IMO I wouldn’t worry just yet.

I’m definitely no expert, but 5 days doesn’t seem too long especially if you’ve moved it during that time. The lfs May have just gotten it in as well, so it may be in a sort of preservation mode.
I would double check light requirements , and if it likes high flow or low flow areas best. I’d give it a little while to get settled.
Your conditions may indeed be perfect, Some will open right away, others a little longer. IMO I wouldn’t worry just yet.

I’m going to wait a few days now that I moved it to a low flow area.

It appears healthy. It is now having to adjust to the lighting in your system, that hopefully is intense enough to keep photosynthetic corals, along with trying to adjust to the new flow that it is in. Just give it time.

It appears healthy. It is now having to adjust to the lighting in your system, that hopefully is intense enough to keep photosynthetic corals, along with trying to adjust to the new flow that it is in. Just give it time.

Thank you all for your input. I’ll keep you updated in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom