Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Frustrated...ich or velvet?

So I Used a QT for everyone in my tank, last fish added mid May after QT and doing tank transfer method for ich and prazipro for flukes, etc. spent 5+ months between QT and treating fish before putting anyone in my tanks.

Now ich or velvet has shown up.

Here is my engineer goby:
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2986450040.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	115754

So he, the kole tang and blue tang all have this dull, velvety appearance. The foxface, powder brown and yellow tangs have some little spots, and the other fish don't show any signs of disease, the clowns laid eggs two weeks ago when this started showing up.

Everyone is eating, no one is breathing rapid. The powder brown swims toward the one powerhead and has been doing that for about two weeks. The goby started a few days ago leaving his cave and swimming all over the tank, especially against one wall. The tangs are all visiting my fire red shrimp who has been cleaning their whole bodies non stop during the day. They are flashing as well.

I'm not sure which direction to go, frustrated.

leftyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:11 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Can't really see very well but which ever it is they both can be treated with ionic copper such as cupramine. Make sure you only do this in a qt tank because copper is deadly to inverts, you also should have a copper test kit to test for the proper level of copper api will work.
tonedogz is offline   Reply With Quote

ich, velvet

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com