Fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karvox

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My powder brown tang has a smal white tuft odf cotton like material near the back of its jawline(much too far to stop it from feeding). Is this an external fungus? and what can i do to speed recovery.

Thnx. It had just gotten over a case of ich when i bought it.I guess that can make it more likely to get fungus. Im sure my old friend at LPS can help me cure quick

I`ve heard others say that pimafix does a good job on fungal problems. I`ve never had that problem so I cant give you any personal experience. Good luck.

The tuft isn't there anymore. I just got home and its gone. Now i just gotta figure out why there are grey speckles on its sides. They dont have any textured appearence just look like darker grey freckles and when the tangs natural dark grey kicks in, there are yellow abrasions like areas as if the grey has been rubbed off.

As i mentioned it had ich before i bought it. Could these be were it rubbed against things? I figured since i've owned it for a little over a week anything like that would be healed by now.

I dont really know but keep a close eye on them for the next few days and report anything else going on.

Back
Top Bottom