Fungus??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmdw4587

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My juvenile maculosus angelfish has what appears to be a fungus growing on its right pectoral fin. It is only on the end of the fun and is white in color and looks a sort of fuzzy. Am I correct in assuming that this is a fungus?

Also I have a cleaner shrimp in the tank with him but am wondering what medication I could use to treat him that is safe for invert? I'm not sure what to use as I have never had to deal with any type of infection before.

Please help! I've waited so long to get my hands on this fish from a LFS, I don't want anything to happen to it.

First off I see from another thread and maybe I am wrong here but you have a Biocube? If that is what you have the Angel is stressed because it belongs in a minimum tank size of 250g. If this is the case it has ich because of the stress. All fish should be put into a QT for 1 month before adding to a DT because the treatments for Ich will kill everything else in the tank but the fish

This I am aware of he will be upgraded to a 180g when he gets a little larger. The fish is approximately an inch and a half long at the moment and is in the biocube as a quarantine. Water changes are done weekly and he eats like a pig (nori, mysis, plankton, vitamin enriched brine, and pellets) aside from moving him to a larger tank (which will happen in the future once he gets larger) what is the best treatment for the fungus. It's not ich, it is a cottony patch only on his right pectoral fin.

The tank size has to do with how much room he needs to swim. Some fish need big areas to swim in or they get stressed no matter was size they are. As far as I know the best treatment is Copper.

Melafix is good for fungus and fin rot and its safe. I had a mandarin goby with a huge fungus on its back and I treated the tank with Melafix for a while and it healed up

Back
Top Bottom