Fungus no new Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidcsmith

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Does anyone know what the discoloration on this Blue Eyed Kole Tang is? Fish store sold me garlic and cell-con for ick, but I don't think it is ick.
tang.jpg

Welcome to AA!
Is this is new addition to your tank or has it been in there for a while? It might be discolored from stress if you just added it. It's definitely not ich. If it's been in the tank for a while, do some partial water changes which will help improve your water quality. Water changes are always a good thing.

Fungus on new Tang

It's been in my 110gal fish only tank for one week. I added the Blue Eyed Kole Tang, Filament Flasher Wrasse, and Fox Face at the same time. I've tested my water and had the LFS test it. I just did a %40 water change prior to adding the new fish. There was a vicious striped damsel in the tank for half the day when i first added the Tang, but I took him to the LFS because he was tearing the new fish up. I have since added a Medium Orange Saddle Wrasse. The Tang is eating fine. Should I bother with Melafix or Pimafix?

Kole Tang Skin problem getting worse!!

I have a 110 gal fish only tank. I added a new Kole Tang 8 days ago and his condition is worsening. Here are two photos. One is yesterday and another from today. In one day look at the difference in is lower tail fin. I don't think he's getting bit by one of the other fish, but I don't see how that much tail can be gone in one day!
tang.jpg

tang1.jpg

It really sucks that i'm the only one contributing to my own feed, but I gave my Tang a freshwater dip and the brown turned white and fell off as soon as i put him back in the SW. Does this give any indication of what was/is wrong? Even though i'm the only one reading my own post.

Back
Top Bottom