Fungus On Clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone, here is my Clownfish I have had for a little over a year now...upon looking closely....he seems to have some weird white fungus like stuff growing around his fins and part of his tail. At least that is what it looks like. Any suggestions on what this could he? He acts fine, and eats well.

Here is the best pic I could get. :) thanksImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426122195.012802.jpg

Try looking carefully around his fin there. Thank you!

Could be a fungal infection

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

If a fungal infection, it can take time to kill a fish. I would QT and treat it...in the hopes it can do something. I'm not really familiar with many fungal treatments other than what ich treatment won't address.

I used oodinex for a fungal infection in my tank, says it treats most illnesses without damaging inverts etc (not sure how effective) but my fish did get better with no ill effect alongside a new uv steriliser I haven't had any issues since. Worth a try, some say it just boosts the immune system to prevent the fish from getting ill doesn't actually treat the disease which is why I have a steriliser alongside.

Thanks for the input everyone! Believe it or not, it looks like it has disappeared...maybe it was just an odd temporary thing....

The White bit can be a parasite and now it has fed is now swimming free in the water awaiting its next victim just a thought.... If you see anymore fish get it I'd treat it

heavy slime production is one of the symptoms of brooklynella hostilis, a parasite that has an affinity for clown fish.
If you see it breathing heavy and it starts to produce a lot of slime, treat for it as brooklynella progresses relatively quickly, like 3-4 days from first signs to death.
It is a disease any clown owner should be aware of.

Brooklynellosis

Clownfish Disease: Brooklynella Diagnosis and Treatment

Back
Top Bottom