Fuzzy lion and quarantine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skip_16157

Aquarium Advice Activist
Are their any special requirements to quarantine a fuzzy lion? I have a tank that has copper in it and a few ornaments. I have no substrate and it is a 10 gal.

From what I know you treat them like you would for any new fish.

Yes, you would treat them as any other new fish.
< step up on the soap box for a minute...>
1106.gif
I am not an advocate of treating a fish prophylactically for disease or parasites. All treatments, involving meds, are stressfull on the fish, IMO, you just may cause the ick you are trying to prevent. If it were mine, I would make the quarantine tank as stress free as possible...matching water parameters with that of the main tank, and feed a good healthy diet. Observe the fish for 3 weeks, then if it shows signs of an infection I would treat the infection...
1106.gif
<steps off the soap box>
So how about a few pics of the new fish???

I will be getting it tommorrow. I will post then.

My qurantine tank was used to treat ick with copper 1 month ago and has been running since. Shoul I change the water and take water from my main tank and put it in (50/50 or use all main tank water). My water quality is good in the Q. tank but I did have copper in it to treat ick?

I would do a water change with water from the main tank, simply to get the parameters closer, run carbon for a day or so and it should remove most of the copper...depending on what type of copper you used, it probably precipitated out anyway. When you do water changes on the q-tank, you should fill it with water from the main tank, this saves money on salt and keeps the parameters in the two tanks very close to the same.

Back
Top Bottom