Garlic Guard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

you&me

Aquarium Advice Regular
yesterday I went to LFS tell them My fish had ICK and I been treating them with copper they toll me try garlic guard so I brought 16oz
about 1 weeks ago I brought longnose b'fly, coral beauty, hippo tang from LFS and when I when there I ask them about my fish compatability
they say they are find toghter far as I know they not compatable I gust they dont want to exchang the fish. anyway can I put the garlic guard in the main tang? I would like to move my fish back because one of my HP tank heater is not working.

one of my 55g saltwater list
longnose B'fly
yellow tang
hippo tang
2 P clown
1 coral banded shirmp
2 sand star fish
2 burgandy star fish ( one died)
crab

You are talking about two different things. Garlic Guard is used as a supplement to stimulate the appetite of your fish and help with their immune system. Copper is a medication that you use to treat parasites and should never be used in your display tank. I would only use copper in a QT. Hope that helps.

tripper

Metronidazole is good with certain parasitic problems, primarily internal but I wouldn't use it for C. irritans. Copper or hyposalinity are your only true choices in a QT setting. Garlic will indeed help but it is by no means a cure, only an aid to one.

Cheers
Steve

steve-s said:
Metronidazole is good with certain parasitic problems, primarily internal but I wouldn't use it for C. irritans. Copper or hyposalinity are your only true choices in a QT setting. Garlic will indeed help but it is by no means a cure, only an aid to one.

Cheers
Steve

hyposalinity is ?
I just can understan what's going on :evil:
they looks better day by day but as i read Iam sure that ick will come back what is best things to do right now? My heaters is not working some how I just got that heater :evil: 3weeks ago
I have to mail that heater back to company call tetra
right now the QT temp is round 72 and Iam scare to move my babys :cry: :cry:

you&me said:
hyposalinity is ?
http://www.petsforum.com/personal/trevor-jones/hyposalinity.html

they looks better day by day but as i read Iam sure that ick will come back what is best things to do right now? My heaters is not working some how I just got that heater :evil: 3weeks ago
I have to mail that heater back to company call tetra
right now the QT temp is round 72 and Iam scare to move my babys :cry: :cry:
Unless all fish are removed, treated and the main left fallow for about 6 weeks; the parasite will return until you do. As far as the heater goes, I would suggest buying a new one and be sure it is a titanium submersible type. The time it will take for the one you sent to come back will be too late. 72° is too cold for most SW fish.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom