Garlic treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salty27

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been reading of the possible benefits garlic has for fighting parasites within fish.

What are some suggested methods of feeding the garlic? Obviously it would be within the standard fish food, but would you actually crush up a garlic clove and mix it with the food? I've read that the liquid garlic vitamin capsules tend to leave an oily residue on the water, so is there a "liquid garlic" additive available at most LFS? What other methods do you implore?

Thanks in advance!

I use garlic from online. Read the instructions and dose accordingly. I have read if you add too much, it can confuse the fish. I add 2 drops for my 55G.

I buy the cloves and blend it up with my blender much. I mix in Zoe and whatever else I can get in there. Betaglucan is supposed to be good in boosting immunity. This can be found at GNC or similar places.

I buy cloves and when I am feeling lazy, the fresh crushed by Polander...that is found in jars in the produce section. The fish will eat the garlic bits as well.

Some do fresh garlic, but no need with this stuff on the market.

Spoken from the "Kinda Lazy" contingent. Maybe when I retire or something I can treat my fish better with real garlic. Got enuf already since I do 90% of the cooking for the family too. Heck, I use garlic powder, or minced in a jar with them.

For me, it is a matter of price. Supermarket garlic is cheaper and I know exactly what I am adding to my food. I buy nori from the supermarket as well instead of buy the LFS variety.

Back
Top Bottom