GBTA Stuck in Powerhead is it Gonna Die?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

njphin

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I just got a Green Bubble Tip Anemone and it was looking really good. On the second day I wake up only to find it stuck on the powerhead. So I turned off the powerhead and gently helped it out of it. Most of the tentacles where mashed up and some where missing and then some where ok. Doesn't look totally dead yet, is there anyway the anemone can bounce back from this? Will there tentacles regrow? Picture of it after the accident attached. Thanks

Attachments

• fish1101 101.jpg
    fish1101 101.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 159
My GBTA is still not looking to good but its still alive. Should I keep it in or give up on it? Not sure if they get better on there own or not. Anyone know?

You just need to be very careful with her b/c is she does die she goes toxic very very fast, keep a close eye on her! Some will recover some won't depends mostly IMO if the injury was to the foot

The foot sustained no injury. The injury was to about half of the tentacles. I will keep an I on it.

One of the best things you could do is frquent PWC`s. Keep that water quality high and you might have a chance. Not looking too good in that pic.

I'm surprised its doing a little better. It's found a place where it has stayed for the last few days. It actually ate a small piece of shrimp I fed it. I also see some tentacles starting to slowly grow in. So I'll continue to monitor it and see how it does.

Back
Top Bottom