Getting Mushrooms to release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willbratz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've got a bunch of red mushrooms on a rock, and I'm wondering how I can get these guys to let go of the rock. There are like 9 to 11 on this one alone.

Attachments

• image-2127829543.jpg
    image-2127829543.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 106
I'm pretty sure you have to frag them. Which means you actually have to cut them off from the base with a raiser blade. You then could tie them to a smaller rock and sell them. I'm actually goin through the same situation I hope I'm right.

I'd kill for that lol
I have a small patch but seems they just wont spread
love shrooms I want my sand bed covered in shrooms around the base of the rocks
maybe some day

54seaweed said:
I'd kill for that lol
I have a small patch but seems they just wont spread
love shrooms I want my sand bed covered in shrooms around the base of the rocks
maybe some day

Yeah that's why I wanted to get them off the rock. So I could place them on the bed instead. LoL

Ohhhhh thought you wanted to get rid of them :facepalm: shame on me:whistle::facepalm:
was gonna say sell me the rock :D:D
I just spent like $25. on bunch of shrooms to cover my sand bed today got bout 30 1 to 3 inch shrooms assorted colors and sizes , it's going to look sweet when I finish it , I'll post up a pict when done

and you can do same

get a pair of plastic tweezers from Walgreen's think there like a buck , grab hold of shroom get a good grip lift up as you cut the base using a sharp razor blade or scaple , trying not to rip them
it would be easier if you can remove rock placing it in a new clean plastic dish pan
(there a buck at dollar store)
full of some tank water on a small table for a work station ( that's basically how I've been fraging a bunch of new zoa's)
that way you don't have to reach into tank taking a bath (y) lol (y)

54seaweed said:
Ohhhhh thought you wanted to get rid of them :facepalm: shame on me:whistle::facepalm:
was gonna say sell me the rock :D:D
I just spent like $25. on bunch of shrooms to cover my sand bed today got bout 30 1 to 3 inch shrooms assorted colors and sizes , it's going to look sweet when I finish it , I'll post up a pict when done

and you can do same

get a pair of plastic tweezers from Walgreen's think there like a buck , grab hold of shroom get a good grip lift up as you cut the base using a sharp razor blade or scaple , trying not to rip them
it would be easier if you can remove rock placing it in a new clean plastic dish pan
(there a buck at dollar store)
full of some tank water on a small table for a work station ( that's basically how I've been fraging a bunch of new zoa's)
that way you don't have to reach into tank taking a bath (y) lol (y)

Thanks I'll try it over the weekend. I've got about 4 on the bed.

Back
Top Bottom