Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Giving up aquariums

Another death. This time a royal gramma. Water is testing perfectly by me and my LFS. Salt is 1.024. It was swimming upside down this morning, came back now and its dead.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Don't give up yet.

I just went through a horrible day yesterday and even thought of giving it all up but I realize this is where my passion is.

Stuff happens that sometimes makes no sense. My tang went from perfect to dead in 48hrs.

Sorry about your gramma, I have one so I know how cool they are.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Honestly you have something wrong going on. Check for heavy metals, sulfur, anything you can think of. Did you ever clean the tank with soap, bleach, anything? I would dump out the tank and give it a good wash, then use new RO/DI water and everything. Your tank must be contaminated with something. I mean, I had I've had an oil slick in my tank and nothing died.

I run electrical appliances underwater and enjoy injecting things with Kalk filled syringes.
Sarcothelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I guess my ex was right about me. =(
Old 06-25-2011, 06:40 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Skype™ to KSum89
I felt the same way when i lost my royal gramma, just keep going man.. it'll get better. all my fish are doing a whole lot better since i lost that gramma, im trying to stay on top of things. I found out one of my fish was already too stressed before i got him home and he died overnight (cleaner shrimp) so everything doesnt have to do with water quality.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

I just did about an 80% water change. Everything seems to be lively except my Bicolor Blenny that now has his white stress spots.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Don't give up yet. I've been just trying to set up a tank since February or so. Nothing but obstacles so far but I keep plugging along.

You wanted a fish tank for a reason...........Don't forget that reason!!!!!!!! Just keep plugging along.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:50 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
Don't give up yet. I've been just trying to set up a tank since February or so. Nothing but obstacles so far but I keep plugging along.

You wanted a fish tank for a reason...........Don't forget that reason!!!!!!!! Just keep plugging along.
My reason was to get women...
Old 06-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
Quote:
Originally Posted by cls8s View Post
My reason was to get women...
hah then dont give up! lol
Old 06-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

There's not a person on this whole forum who hasn't at one time or another thought the same thing ,.. Just about the time you think you know it all is usually when it'll strike,..you'll lose a critter for no apparent reason,your tank suddenly goes thru a algae outbreak or some other disaster seems to get the best of you,...well,..it's happened to us all,...BUT we all try to take these disasters and understand what and why it's happened and learn from our mistakes,.... You're not the first person here that lost a critter and I can guarantee you won't be the last
Sure, trying to take care of these aquariums and trying to play God to the livestock that we have chosen is not an easy task and at times it's pretty **** frustrating,.but we have chosen to do this voluntarily and as such it is our job to try to understand a little more of the whole underwater world and learn from it and to try to prevent it from happening again to you and others.
quitting is taking the easy way out ,..suck it up," rub some dirt in it", get off your butt and let's get going ..... This whole forum is not only dedicated to sharing the good times of the hobby but trying to help others to understand and learn thru the bad times also.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com